During its April Board of Directors Meeting held in Myrtle Beach, S.C., the Steel Erectors Association of America (SEAA) elected David Schulz of Schulz Iron Works Inc., Raleigh, N.C., as President Elect. Currently a member of the Executive Committee, he will take office as President in 2018.
All other officers will complete their two-year term in 2018. They are:
- Sitting President: Josh Cilley, American Steel and Precast Erectors and Buckner Companies
- Vice President, Associate: Carrie Gulajan, Construction Insurance Agency Inc.
- Treasurer: Geoff Kress, Gardner-Watson Decking Inc.
- Secretary: Chris Legnon, Cooper Steel
- Immediate Past President: Steve Burkholder, S&R Enterprises LLC
Board members confirmed for the 2017-2019 term are:
- Bob Beckner, Peterson Beckner Industries Inc., has been a member of SEAA since 1993 and has served as a past president.
- Dave Brown, United Rentals, is serving in his second term with the board.
- Bryan McClure, MSC Safety Solutions, is a new addition to the board, and has been involved with the association since the early 1990s.
- Jack Metcalf, National Institute of Steel Detailing, is a long-time member, having served on the board for more than five terms.
- Jim Simonson, Steel Service Corp., returns to the board after previously filling an open position.
- Ben Wadlington, Bracken Construction Co. Inc., joins the board for the first time, and has been a member of the association for many years.
About Steel Erectors Association of America
Founded in 1972, SEAA is the only national trade association representing the interests of steel erectors, fabricators, contractors, and related service providers. The association promotes safety, education and training programs for steel erector trades, including its Ironworker Craft Training curriculum. The association works in partnership with other steel construction, design, and steel product organizations to protect the interests of those who construct steel structures. Learn more at www.seaa.net.